David J. Langeland
AttorneyDavid Langeland advises clients on various aspects of business, intellectual property, Internet, and technology law. He advises clients on various corporate transactions, including business formation and structure, exit strategies, succession planning, and general contracts. Dave has prepared the corporate and organizational documents necessary for the formation, maintenance, and operations of many of his clients' businesses. Dave has negotiated and drafted numerous business contracts, such as stock and asset purchase agreements, distributor agreements, commercial and residential lease agreements, buy sell agreements, shareholder agreements, and many others to meet the needs of his clients.
Dave came to TechLaw Ventures from the law firm of Callister Nebeker & McCullough where he was a shareholder and a member of the firm's business and intellectual property groups. Prior to law school, Dave was a CPA and an auditor for PricewaterhouseCoopers in its Silicon Valley office in San Jose, California. Dave has been recognized in Utah Business Magazine as of one Utah's Legal Elite for intellectual property.
- Business -- United States and International
- Intellectual Property, Including Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights
- Software and Other Technology Licensing and Transactions
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., 2006, cum laude)
- University of Utah (B.A., 1999, cum laude)
- "Three Things to Know Before Naming Your Business," David J. Langeland, Zions Bank Community Magazine, September/October 2015, p. 92.
- "Tax Free Asset Protection: Killing Two Birds with One Reorganization," David J. Langeland, Utah Business, April 2013, p. 36.
- "Pinterest: Are You Guilty of Copyright 'Pinfringement?'," David J. Langeland, Zions Bank Community Magazine, March/April 2013, p. 72.
- "Social Networking: Legal and Business Traps for the Unwary," John H. Rees and David J. Langeland, Community Magazine, September/October 2009, pp. 72-73.
- "Hey, Someone Stole My Idea!: How Copyright Can (and Cannot) Protect Your Startup's Technology," Co-Presenter, Legal Workshop for Startups, Provo, Utah, November 2016.
- "So You Think You Can Retire?: Considering Exit Strategies," Business Succession Planning Seminar, Sandy, Utah, November 2016.
- "Developing Powerful Brands Through Appropriate Application Of Trademark Law," Webcast, Salt Lake City, Utah, November 2010.
- "An Overview of Copyright Law," Webcast, Zions First National Bank and its affiliates, September 2010.
- "Branding and Trademarks," Webcast, Zions First National Bank and its affiliates, July 2010.
Contact Information for David J. Langeland: